Friday, May 23, 2008

Cahal Pech

Cahal Pech is located at the top of a mountain just 20 walking minutes from San Ignacio, yesterday I decided to go up to the park:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As I was not in a tour yesterday I got a chance to compare the difference between tour travel and solo travel. In general, going to a site solo is more peaceful and the meaning is all different. You are not seeing things and hearing a theoretical story. All the ruins are there as they are, and their meaning is what it is for the present time. Old ruins that once belonged to some civilization. Also, going solo means you can take tons of time. I climbed to the top of the tallest ruins and had a rest under the shade of a tree there. After that I ate my lunch which I had packed while taking in the view.

No comments: